Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The thrill of driving an electric car

I have to say that getting behind the wheel of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox with an electric motor was a dream come true.  I've read about electric cars and how some day they will revolutionize the automobile industry, but little did I know that day would come right here in Reykjavik.  Northern Lights Energy, an innovative Icelandic firm, is working with AMP Electric Vehicles in the United States to import more than 1,000 of these electric vehicles into Iceland.  The first vehicles arrived last week and I had the opportunity to test-drive one of them.  Northern Lights Energy and AMP Electric Vehicles are doing everything in their power to put Iceland at the leading edge of countries adopting electric car technology.  I was only too happy to be a part of this effort.  Yet another example of Americans and Icelanders working together.